Today I cried. Life feels lonely at times. Thankfully Jesus hears, and He is the only one who is there in all our loneliness. I cried out, and He heard me. In all this, a test of trusting Him. And those lies that Satan told in the garden, he still tells them today, and sadly, they still work against our feeble, human hearts. But I am a child of the I AM, and I can trust Him even when the lies make me not want to. He is for me, and He strengthens said feeble, human hearts, thank goodness. I could never do it on my own!
I also spent time with my friend visiting from Portland. We took back a place we've shared many hours together and significant moments of our friendship at, and it was good.
I made an asparagus grilled cheese sandwich, which is delicious, and it makes me think I'm getting along in my cooking. When before it was such a chore, now I am finding it enjoyable and I'm getting better at utilizing ingredients. I am always inspired when I visit Katy and she cooks delectable dinners for me.
I'm listening to a mix I created for Megsy, though I've never given it to her. I am also reading Pippi Longstocking, which I find absolutely delightful, and she reminds me so much of my baby Bryn. In this chapter she is at the circus.
So here I have spoken of five significant friendships in my life. Though life as a single twenty-something can be lonely in ways, I have blessings to be counted! The Creator of the universe has called me His own and given me the gift of enduring friendships.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment