I'll have to get going for work pretty soon, it is just such a comfortable moment not to be recorded.
I spent time in prayer and journaling this morning. I realize I'm in a different sort of state. It's a state of transition. I am understanding more of my identity in Christ, while at the same time fighting to understand my identity in Christ. As it becomes clearer, the things that fight against it fight against it more strongly. I am asking God to renew my mind so that identity in Him, as His child, consumes me above all else. Above my desire to be acceptable in anyone else's eyes, to realize that I am accepted by God, and that is all I need.
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
These words are seeping into my soul. I did naught to earn Him, it's all His work, and in that is total acceptance.

No comments:
Post a Comment