Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Autumn, How Gorgeous You Are

Hello,
I have to write about what a wonderful Autumn day today was! This morning I woke up to the sound of rain, a delightful way to enter the day. My drive to work was wonderful as the light raindrops splattered themselves across my windshield, enhancing the view of autumn sky everywhere before me. The clouds were thick, purple, and the mountains silhouetted themselves in wonderful layers, varying their shades as their distance was varied. The sun was still working in all this, and it shone orange and yellow between the blankets of clouds.
At work we made fall hats and had a fall parade and a wild rumpus, now seemingly a daily occurrence. Where The Wild Things Are is read every day in our class. I certainly don't mind!
After work I went to find wonderful fall harvest items. I bought indian corn, a couple of wonderfully colored harvest squash, some itty bitty pumpkins, and a gourd. I am so excited for my students to explore these items tomorrow.
The sky was lovely, the weather was cool, and I remember a time when I didn't care too much for fall. I'm glad that time of my life is over. I now enjoy it more every year. It is such a wondrous season. A season for cozy, for adventure, for creating, and most important, for reveling in the wonder of God's hand. His exquisite nature proclaimed throughout the atmosphere, throughout the ground, in the pine cones and acorns, in the leaves shouting from the tree tops and dancing, twirling down through the air, in the thick clouds that hold in them a serene color, in the way the shadows fall, in the way the light shines across the earth, in the way the wind blows. Fall, you are welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment