Friday, October 7, 2011

Katy's Bridal Shower

 A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure and privilege of putting together a bridal shower for my bff Katy. I had so much fun planning and creating decorations, more fun than I had thought I would. Here are some snapshots of the event...



These paper hearts cut from book pages were 
strung on twine and placed in the entryway. 
They zigzagged delightfully across the
 ceiling above the stairs as you walked in.


Here is a picture of the gift table (before it was full of gifts).
Notice the paper lantern hanging above. 
Sabrina and I made these, inspired by my friend Lindsay
(Here is the link to the DIY instructions we used) 
There were several of these as decor hanging 
from twine strung across the ceiling.
One on each string, so there were multiple lines of twine overhead.


I carved this picture frame from the center of a book. 
This is where the hearts came from for the entryway.
Meredith, the lovely woman who opened her home for the event, 
created all the bouquets. 


I asked the other bridesmaids to help with making the food for the event. 
Sabrina was in charge of dessert and did a
 fantastic job with these cupcakes!
The presentation was spectacular! 
I love how she kept the theme so well and am so glad 
she was able to exhibit her splendid creativity as well.


Here is a picture of us in action. Katy, the bride, is on the left.
Jennie and I are shown sitting here having a great time 
lounging in our toilet paper wedding dresses.
Notice the mason jars along the top of the table as well. 
The details were magnificent! 
I'm so glad I had the help I did to make this such a success 
for a woman whom I love dearly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment