The birds have been singing incessantly the splendor of spring since it began on Wednesday. I sat in my car on my lunch break and heard them celebrating in such beautiful arrangement, it was as if they knew, as if they had all be in cue waiting for their moment to burst forth in song. The day before wasn't as such, and since then it is all I have heard.
Without realizing it would be the first day of spring I had planned to have a friend over for dinner. And I am so glad I did. Despite the fact that I broke the glass part of the blender, we had a great time. Together we made a salad I had learned the week before when I went cooking with my friend Lindsay. I brewed up some strawberry lemonade, my first time trying it and it was absolutely delightful! Angie had brought mango and strawberries for dessert, which started us on thoughts of mango sticky rice. So pushing time, we found ourselves adventuring to find some. We did, just before closing, and brought it back home to eat with the mango. I'm pretty sure it has become one of my favorite things.
What did you do on the first day of spring?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment